If you’ve come to this blog you are probably concerned because you’ve seen some signs of balding or have other men in your family have went bald, and you want to know the warning signs. Balding is very common, and effects about 30% of men by age 30 and 50% of men by age 50. Below are 3 common warning signs that baldness might not be far in your future.
2. Hair falling out in the shower is also a sign of progressing baldness. While losing some hair is a normal process, we lose about 25-100 hair follicles a day. But when a larger amount of hair is falling out vs what is re growing, you are on your way to baldness.
3. Thinning hair on crown or top portion of head can be noticeable and can progress into full baldness as time goes on. To learn more about why this happens, visit a previous blog Here.
Are you looking for a new hairstyle to try this year? There are lots of new hairstyles for men out there, from long hair to crew cuts- here’s a list of our top 4 cuts to experiment with this year.
1. Pompadour. This hairstyle fades from long on the top to short on the bottom to give it that tapered look. The fullness on top needs texture and styling gel most often to give it the look you want if you’re going for pompadour.
2. Slick back. This classic look might look like it doesn’t need a specific haircut at all, but in fact it needs to be the correct length and trim to slick back correctly. Some pomade will help with this, but don’t use a gel that will make it look wet throughout the day.
3. Crew cut. This is a standard haircut that has stood the test of time. A crew cut will most likely always be in style, but you can do some fun things to make it unique like decorative hair lines.
4. Longer Hair. Longer hairstyles are popular, and you can do a lot with them. From a shorter shag to a ponytail, having longer hair gives you more styling options. Check out this video by Birchbox Man on taking care of your longer hair: